Euthenics is a nonprofit organization of home economists dedicated to the profession of Family and Consumer Sciences. As an IRS 501(c)(3) organization, they promote FCS, provide annual scholarships, and update members’ professional knowledge. Each meeting has two speakers and lots of networking.
The organization holds four meetings a year at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 1415 20th Ave. S.E. Shoreline WA. The meetings begin at 9:30 a.m. with conversation, member sharing and a catered lunch ($16). Please call Susan McDaniel for reservations at 425-793-3556.
Tuesday September 25, 2018
- Declutter, downsize or relocate with Katie Munoz, founder and President of Moving Forward, Inc.
- John Shaffer, retired pastor, and volunteer with Mobility World Wide will discuss helping people unable to walk operate hand cranked wheelchair devices.
Thursday October 25, 2018
- Jennifer Strickland will explain Genetic Genealogy and how the technology is changing the world.
- Beth Hartell, M.S., founder of Pear Tree Nutrition will discuss emerging and relevant trends in nutrition and the services Pear Tree provides.
Tuesday March 26, 2019
- Arlene Harrison will share information on the Clothing and Textile Advisors of Snohomish County. You can bring and donate some of your excess stash of fabric and sewing essentials for their annual fabric sale in June.
- Susan Grant, Pathway Specialist, will update us on Career and Technical Education in Seattle Schools.
Thursday April 25, 2019
- Sandra Hartje, Ph.D., will give an update on programs and course offerings at Seattle Pacific University. Sandra is a Professor of Interior Design and Housing
- Carol Jacques, Euthenics member, will share her knowledge and slides about butterflies and other pollinators. She is on the state speakers list.
Also on the slate for the spring meetings is donations to Mary’s Place, who serves homeless women and children. We also have a treasure sale in the spring to benefit our scholarship fund.
Wednesday October 3, 2018: The historic Smith Tower
Sunday November 18, 2018: Craft festival at the Prince of Peace Church
March 2019, date to be decided: University of Washington Hospital NICU unit
Wednesday April 27, 2019: The Sno Isle Tech Center, lunch and tour catered by Students enrolled in the Restaurant/Hospitality Career Development Program.